KYOSHO FW 05T SARTER BOX

General discussion on all scales of nitro powered on-road RC cars.

Moderator: Moderators

KYOSHO FW 05T SARTER BOX

Postby sexcrexc » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:11 pm

hey
Im kinda new to the nitro scene and have had a kyosho fw 05t for about 1 year and now looking to invest in a rotor or a starter box. i just mainly go to clubs and some parking lots to run the car nothing too serious.

Could anyone suggest a few names or brands of whitch rotor or starter box would be the best?

some help would be much appreciated.
sexcrexc
Rookie
Rookie

Advertisement

Postby ashman_1985 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:37 pm

In my experience the starter box won't work because the flywheel hole is too small - you can enlarge the hole but that part of the chassis is already a little weak as it is.

I don't think a rotor start would work from the back as there is no clear access - you would have to find one that can get you access from the top or the right hand side of the car maybe.
ashman_1985
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby bullet69 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 2:07 am

ashman_1985 wrote:In my experience the starter box won't work because the flywheel hole is too small - you can enlarge the hole but that part of the chassis is already a little weak as it is.

I don't think a rotor start would work from the back as there is no clear access - you would have to find one that can get you access from the top or the right hand side of the car maybe.

I might have to disagree with you on that one. I use a Q World starter box with my Fw05 with no dramas what so ever. I will admit that it was a real bitch to get the pegs in the right spot,but when they were in the right spot,it was no problem at all.
bullet69
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby I)arkness » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:23 pm

ive been running my FW-05 for the last 3 years in competition racing with a starter box and have had no trouble.

the solution to getting the start wheel to fit is to get the chassis and widening the hole so the wheel will fit through to the flywheel
TF-5 Stallion Shin Ed - T2 008 - m03 - RRR WC Ed

I)arkness
RC Master
RC Master

Postby ribbler » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:20 am

I have an FW05 also and use a venom starter box with a 12v gel cell and all i did was make the hole bigger i dont have any any issues.
ribbler
Rookie
Rookie

Postby FW-06 -01 » Sun May 09, 2010 12:56 am

Yep same here never had a drama,.kyosho gets bump started no hassles on my starter box
FW-06, O.S max .18 , spektrum 2.4GHz , alloy mods
FW-06 -01
Rookie
Rookie

Return to On-Road Nitro