Other RC Forums

Planes, motorbikes, boats .... anything RC that doesn't fit into any other forum

Moderator: Moderators

Other RC Forums

Postby danjoy25 » Sun May 22, 2005 9:05 pm

So whats wrong with RC-Tech?
danjoy25
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Advertisement

Postby cozmic » Sun May 22, 2005 9:17 pm

Nothings wrong with RC-Tech... if you like searching through thousands of posts...

rcracer.com.au is an Australian site mainly dedicated to club racers. Each Aussie RC club can have their own forum and post as many different threads as they like.

Having said that there is nothing wrong with RC-Tech and many people who are on this site use it too.

But I think by the number of members we have achieved in the 6 months we have been online is testimony enough that a site like this is needed.

I only started this site as a bit of fun ... but as they say "build it and they will come" rings true here. Simon and I are very happy with the support of all the users on here and never in my wildest dream did I think we would have built up to over 10000 posts in such a short time.

RC-Tech is the reason I started this website. I hated the fact that us Aussies only got a single forum so I had to go through stacks of crap just to get the bits I wanted to read. And I wanted to build up a site that could help the newbie who wanted to get started in the hobby with news, reviews etc etc.

Any that's enough of me prattling on... If you want to use RC-Tech I say go for it... but you can still use rcracer.com.au too.

Ben
rcracer.com.au - Administrator
cozmic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby F. Alonso » Sun May 22, 2005 9:19 pm

RCTech is a good solid forum which does have many users, since its been around for a very long time. The issue with it primarily is that its not Aussie-centered. Sure, it has the Australian Racing section, but within there you may go to the Castle Hill Raceway thread, and that's what it is, a thread. On our site, its a subject which can contain many threads.

We were originally using RCTech for the communication within our club (well some of us were) but not everyone wanted to hear us F1 racers bitching about motors and things like that, especially if they were a 540 racer. Basically, it is just more organised here in terms of that. Also... we are very open for ANY club to be put into the Australian RC Club section so feel free to PM us or whatever and we'll create a subject folder for your club.

I think that most of us on here still go to RCTech, and will continue to do so. I generally go to the Electric On Road section as that really is of a lot of value, like the link to the rest of the world's racing. The Chat Lounge is also a bit of fun with the F1ers there. :lol: The Australian Racing section is good because of who is there, but the actual framework for the forum is disappointing, like links getting shortened and things like that. We just wanted to create a forum, for the Aussie racer. Also.... we are not only just a forum site. We are getting more and more reviews/tutorials all the time, as well as photos in the gallery and of course, the entry forms for upcoming events.

Since this site was started in the middle of October 2004, the site has grown quite a lot and is really in a bit of a boom at the moment, with over 2 members a day registering up onto the site. With this kind of growth, and the support of the many racers out there, RCRacer.com.au will thrive and you guys will reap the benefits. So... we hope you enjoy the site and stay tuned, cause its only gonna get better. :D
Simon Feigl

EP Touring - XRay T2'008
EP 4WD Offroad - Hotbodies Cyclone D4
EP 1:12th Scale - Hotbodies Cyclone12

HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby losi-xxxs » Sun May 22, 2005 9:25 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that you both have done a great job with the site and I think everyone on here appreciates it. :wink:
TEAM LOSI
Team Losi JRX-S
Futaba 3PK - Spektrum
Novak GTX
Tamiya M-03 16 turn
E-Maxx - Novak Brushless
Bunch of stuff for sale - here -
losi-xxxs
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby F. Alonso » Sun May 22, 2005 9:46 pm

Thanks very much Sam. Its support like that that keeps us going! Well.... and we love it. :D
Simon Feigl

EP Touring - XRay T2'008
EP 4WD Offroad - Hotbodies Cyclone D4
EP 1:12th Scale - Hotbodies Cyclone12

HPI | Hotbodies | Hobbies Australia | LRP Electronics | Futaba
F. Alonso
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ogier » Mon May 23, 2005 2:58 pm

RC-Tech did just have an upgrade so were down for 24 hours, if that's what you mean by what's wrong with them.

RC Tech is OK, but this place is good too. :)

Cheers! Oggy.
Ogier
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby wayne » Tue May 24, 2005 6:02 pm

whats wrong with rctech : how about aussie clubs getting a "thread" and here getting so much more, for starters not to mention the fact that the site has outgrown its usefulness so to speak, forums when they get too large problems can creep in, posts not getting answered because of an influx of new posts and people having to "bump" posts to get a response, sometimes smaller is better, and although the americans that use rctech are knowledgeable, there are some questions that they just cant answer because they are not in australia. That said I am not bagging their site it is excellent if you are in the usa

just my thoughts on the matter
He who slings mud finds himself on lower ground

My RC Supply
wayne
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby wannabe_racer » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:00 pm

yeah. i have to say, rcracer is much better, because its not as big. Although i might have to start and watch a few threads if i do need help coz there isnt already one there, i dont need to ask if thats only in amreica, and can it be in australia and stuff....and anyways,
OZZIES RULE!!!!!!!!

Cheers, wannabe racer
wannabe_racer
RC Regular
RC Regular

Return to Everything Else RC