Anyone interested in racing off-road,

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Tim » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:08 pm

Yep Sam Thomas.. Thats him. Do you know him?
North Tas Off Road Car Raceway http://ntorcr.tripod.com
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Advertisement

Postby RUSTYFELLA » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:52 pm

well not really but i know that he is into r/c's, he has moved hasn't he? yeh I remember in December when I got my first racing lines mag and saw the Devonport club thing (which has been in there for years) and it was under his name so I phoned him up and told me that the club doesn't exist and i was really annoyed beacuse since I got my Rustler (june last year) ive always wanted to race. I think it will be hard to make a club since "chicken hawk" has his corny little track goin and whenever we try do something people will think it is him :(
Traxxas Rustler
Traxxas Revo
RUSTYFELLA
RC Lurker
RC Lurker

Postby rodders47 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:02 pm

LOL join the club of "I know what I want and what I feel the members want but no one is interested in getting it off the ground or doing the hard yards to make whatever Club run smoothly " 8O Just a fact of life unfortunately
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby Tim » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:45 pm

Yeah not to mention the lack of people who actually turn up to race more than once or twice. That's if you can even find the people who actually WANT to race....

Out of every 100 people who buy a R/C car only about 3 are interested in racing and only 1 will actually have a go at it. And 1 in 300 will stick with it for more than a year.... :?

That's just my guess from 12 years of being in this hobby.
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:01 pm

[Yeah not to mention the lack of people who actually turn up to race more than once or twice. That's if you can even find the people who actually WANT to race....]

Hey Tim how many times have you raced this year ?
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:47 pm

What are you saying Rod ? I don't make the 6 hour trip enough times a year for you? :evil: Gee well I'm sorry i can't be there every day mate buy some of us have a life outside car racing ya know.......... :roll:

And for the record i have raced more than 12 times this year. Just not always at your goat track... :lol:

Its easy for you to say that when you live 5 minutes from the track...
Last edited by Tim on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:19 pm

well Tim please CORRECT me if I am WRONG, but YOU were the main instigator, and dare I say, the writer, of the rules that you wanted the HRCCC ( i.e GOAT TRACK) to instigate so that YOU could get FAIR racing at the GOAT TRACK whenever you decided to join us.

The HRCCC is NOT MY Club , I unfortunately inherited the financial running of the Club, and in Hindsight I am most sorry that I accepted, AND I took it upon myself to try and keep members informed via Newsletters/ e-mails etc, all of which seems to not even be read or if they are read, not responded to, so to me it is all a total waste of time, but to get a comment from you about the track and calling it a "Goat Track", well I am sorry but you do disappoint me.

I did hold you in High esteem, not only as a model car racer with exceptional ability , but as a Club member, even though you have not been a financial member for quite a while.

Your comments have re- inforced what I have been thinking as of late.

That is why should I pay for a web site that is maybe / maybe not worth looking at, and have a forum page that gets this type of response from a so called member, who is not, about a track that he excells in racing on ????

Beats me, but is not a problem as I see it. I will provide the web site for another month, after that if I do not get any actual response that is to the benefit to the HRCCC then it will be withdrawn indefinately along with my position of sec/treas of the HRCCC

gone fishing
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby jpracer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:56 pm

That's a bit harsh rodders47. Its not just Tim that wants the rules either...

And if i remember correctly it was Tim that donated the computer monitor to the club a while back so don't bight his head off...

And you must admit the track has seen better days :lol:
jpracer
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:12 pm

Well I'm sorry Rod but that other post really got to me because although i would really really love to go racing every race meet i just cant because of work and other commitments. It's not a matter of WHEN I DECIDE TO JOIN YOU but when i can find the time.

As for the rules... jpracer is right. It wasn't just MY idea to have them. I just happened to be the only one who would say anything about it. Then Rocket backed me up on it... There are quite a few of us as i understand who would like to have them. NOT just me.

As for calling the track a goat track... Well...Its not the first time its been called that. :lol: But that doesn't mean we don't like it. Its just a pet name :lol:

Chill out man.. Don't take it so seriously :cool:
Last edited by Tim on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:21 pm

[That's a bit harsh rodders47. Its not just Tim that wants the rules either...

And if i remember correctly it was Tim that donated the computer monitor to the club a while back so don't bight his head off...

And you must admit the track has seen better days]

Well hello and welcome to the forum> I do not know who you are but I welcome your input.

To put you straight, It was Tim who wanted these rules instigated, go back through the threads on the forum,(posted by DART) Tim has supplied many rules for all classes, taken from other sites, and some of them are not ACTUAL rules as set down by the now not contactable aarcmcc, some are not applicable to the HRCCC, like truck racing on an ON-Raod Track!

Yes Tim did donate a computer monitor to the club for which he recieved a full membership for that year free of any fees. value $75. but that was for the period from 17/7/2004 to 17/7/2005.

Well as for the track having seen better days! yeah maybe it has, but what has been the input of members to support the track with a workathon or any repairs? answer : NOT a lot . I have done my bit with repairing the AMB system and getting it working reliably now at it seems to be. I spent one whole day spraying weeds that had managed to PUSH through the track surface , in a effort to stop the surface from becoming rougher then it is and hopefully settling down to a smoother surface in time, I ASK you what have other MEMBERS done ??? Ian williams mows the grass for all of us to be able to view a reasonably well kept track.

Answer: Not a lot but bloody complain!!

Maybe just maybe if someone wanted this track and Club to go ahead then Maybe some things would get done, but I sure as hell will not hold my breath, and as I said in my previous post, I give it one month and I'm outer here unless ther is some dedication from members to do something other then COMPLAIN !!!!
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:34 pm

well Jp racer if you are a member and on the e-mail list you should have a copy of the HRCCC rules on your e-mail
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby jpracer » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:39 pm

[quote]Well as for the track having seen better days! yeah maybe it has, but what has been the input of members to support the track with a workathon or any repairs? answer : NOT a lot .[/quote]

Hmm, Yes but there is not much you can do other than get it re-sealed which would cost BIG $$$$.

Looks to me like tim has done more than most to at least try and show some interest. I still think you where a little harsh before :?
Last edited by jpracer on Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpracer
Rookie
Rookie

Postby Tim » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:49 pm

Thanks jpracer :wink:

Next time i will keep my mouth shut :lol: Just like all the other members :lol:
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby TOFAST » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:46 am

to be honest guys i can not sew what you are all winging about with the track
having raced at several mainland tracks over the last few years , we should be proud of our track because its a lot better than most of the mainland tracks , bumps and all
we should be thankfull that we have not one but soon 3 tracks to choose from , we are pretty lucky really
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby Tim » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Well all i can say is i didn't mean to offend anyone about the track. I was after all just joking. I guess its hard to tell in writing...

Don't get me wrong guys, i do like the track, yes bumps and all as they make it more changeling, which is a good thing.

Any way, this topic is about the off road track in Devonport. Which is what i was talking about with Rustyfella until interrupted :cool:

Sorry if i offended you Rod. But again i was only joking... :wink:

Whos complaining ??? Not me. I'm just joking about it..
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:15 pm

I have offered my apology to Tim re my statements in this Forum.

Things did get a bit up tight there, and for that I apologise to everyone for what I said.

End of.

Back to what this topic was about.

Just to give some info to those trying to set up an off road track.

The HRCCC took over the lease last year of the EX BMX track behind our track (at a cost of $150 for the year) because we had 20 or 30 people ? wishing to race off road! We even held meetings with the proposers and discussed how the track should be modified.

As it turned out IF we the HRCCC was to setup the track, AS THEY WANTED, they would race there, no they would PLAY on the track, but were not prepared to JOIN the HRCCC.????

So be wary of all the SO Called new members you will get, it appears that MOST people just like to PLAY and not RACE !! maybe the reason is that they are not competent or not interested or both!!!

Just my 2 cents worth
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby Tim » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:21 pm

And with that in mind i think we ( off roaders up north) should be happy just to play race without the club side of things. :wink:

It would be so much easyer that way. A club would be good but also hard work. It depends on how keen and dedicated you are Rustyfella?
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby RUSTYFELLA » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:38 pm

I'm dedictaed enough, but its just doing the first yards like getting the track to a decent condition and getting enough members for a meeting.
Traxxas Rustler
Traxxas Revo
RUSTYFELLA
RC Lurker
RC Lurker

Postby idawina » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:53 pm

having raced on a few tracks in queensland, Kingston is not a goat track. Track is smoother and in better nick than some "big Name" clubs in qld.

set the car up and drive around the bumps and theres no problem...........
idawina
RC Lurker
RC Lurker

Postby TOFAST » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:52 pm

i will be in a bit of off road racing fellas
this racing for sheep stations in the on road world is starting to cost to much for me
its getting out of control this year , time to kick back and have some with some off roaders i think
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Hobart RC Car Club