HRCCC AGM

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

Postby addicted » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:23 pm

Not taking it as confrontational at all Rod :D

but (also i confirmed with Mykel) the nite we raced They had a hiccup with the system and when it came across the loudspeakers "Allycat is closing down" 4/5 times in consession i just assumed that was the programme they were usuing Obviously we were both incorrect :o but seeing it is only a trivial thing All is good here.. :)
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Advertisement

Postby rodders47 » Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:09 pm

well what can I say mate!

You said you were at "Brendale" in outer Brisbane area, the track run by the QRCCC, with Club president, Doug Barber, and soon to be the holder of the 1/10th Nitro World Championships, is this the track you are referring to?

If so then from my e-mails with Doug, they have NEVER run Alycat, like why would they when they have as a member & Programme Writer of Slyfox???

sure beats me 8O
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:06 pm

rodders47 wrote:well what can I say mate!

You said you were at "Brendale" in outer Brisbane area, the track run by the QRCCC, with Club president, Doug Barber, and soon to be the holder of the 1/10th Nitro World Championships, is this the track you are referring to?

If so then from my e-mails with Doug, they have NEVER run Alycat, like why would they when they have as a member & Programme Writer of Slyfox???

sure beats me 8O

YES Rod it was BRENDALE. I dont really understand What is the big issue with ,to me, some thing trivial here about what system they are or were usuing on the nite, Both systems run the same frquency with time would they not. Both are able to vary the time betwen races etc etc But what they did do ,was run races That nite.
All i am saying is with what words were said across the PA system was "ALLEYCAT is closing down" They had a hiccup for about 15 minutes.They mentioned the so called brains behind the system was not there that nite and they were trying to solve the problem SOOOOOOOOOOOO maybe they used Allycat as a standby. To be honest mate i dont really care what system they use..

Perhaps u can again email Doug Barber and ask him what happened that opening nite and let me know

Thanks mate
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby addicted » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:07 pm

:D
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:45 pm

:lol:

Just seeing if you were awake Tony :D

God I wish the fish would bite as well :roll:

Not being serious just wanting to change the subject yet again from what was originally posted, that's all mate and you took the bait hehehehehehe......
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby TOFAST » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:40 pm

seems no one is willing to give reason why the state title has been canned???
well i give up!!! :(
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby Tim » Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:25 am

Yeah i would like an answer to Rockets question too :?
North Tas Off Road Car Raceway http://ntorcr.tripod.com
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:14 pm

To Tim & Rocket,

Well the reason for canning the State Title and just having a Club Title, was considered for a while between Ian & myself, (Prior to the AGM) and taking into account some of the EP guys, either direct or hear say, mention that they did not wish to race at kingston on their off days, or maybe might do so 1 time in the year, and then of course at the state titles!(Thus assuming that it was going to be a state title)

Added to the fact that a few guys who are HRCCC members, only got to race 1 - 30 minute race last year and that was at the end of the day, we both decided that, and I sure agreed, that with all the work involved in setting up the titles meeting, not to mention the Trophy thingie, and of course the preparation of the track and surrounds (like where were all the helpers) it would be much better to keep it simple this year.

However for those Members of the HRCCC with EP powered cars then you WILL be included, rest assured.

Funny isn't it that we had 2 or 3 new members join the Club for the state Titles, and have not seen or heard from them since ???

And of course Rocket mentioned that the EP guys were going to hold their OWN Titles this year, (granted AFTER we dropped the State Titles at Kingston) and I heard today that the EP will be holding their Title meeting on the same day as ours at Sorell ???

SO if I had gone ahead with all the planning, I sure would have had egg on my face, is that not correct ?

My VISION of a Club Title Meeting at Kingston is to have say 2 heats for each Class run over TWO different race tracks, i.e. Clockwise / anti-clockwise, maybe with or without the "Inner Loop" and then for the racing to be staged on a HANDICAP format for ALL classes.. This to me would make for interesting racing and some good spectator viewing!
Hope this answers the questions ?
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby yoke2 » Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:41 pm

Rodders,
It is only in discussion for Sorell at the moment with the ep titles and dates. nothing is set in concrete yet.
The only reason at is on the Hrccc website it states a club title on the 17 dec.
As Barry has stated he would rather not run on the same weekend as Hrccc club title but its up to the people who race at Sorell.
yoke2
RC Lurker
RC Lurker

Postby Gardey » Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:10 pm

Well ,I have spoken to Barry & he tells me that he has written up a calendar with all of the various club dates on it.He also said that he had no intention of running any meets that would clash with the other clubs.
Barry has always in my experience shown a genuine regard for each of the clubs & I only wish that everyone else could show the same respect for each other.(Willing to sponser other clubs, etc)
After all ,we are all in the same sport & I feel we should all do as much as we can to foster good relations between the various clubs.
I would like to see everyone join ALL the clubs if they can, as this would eventually get us all working together & put an end to the factionalisation that's growing at the moment.
I'm getting a little weary of the garbage that's being doing the round's about who's going to do what to who etc & people trying to throw a spanner in the works for God knows what reason.
If you don't want to support another club ,then pull your collective heads in & let it be !!Then maybe we can just get down to enjoying what we are all here for ....the thrill of the race !! :D :D :D
I think that some people really need to just GET A LIFE !!!!
If we can't get a few more ep guys to support HRCCC we will really be missing out on a great day out.We only need half a dozen guys to make the effort & get it going on a regular basis & we can all race on the same day.
Do unto others
Gardey
RC Regular
RC Regular

Previous

Return to Hobart RC Car Club