HRCCC AGM

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

HRCCC AGM

Postby rodders47 » Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:59 pm

the HRCCC will be holding it's annual AGM on the race meeting 26th February 2006.

I hope that ALL current members will be there to add their voice and opinions at the meeting.

Only fully paid up members will be able to vote.

I urge members to submit members names for the vacant committee positions, as well as the vacant President and Secretary/Treasurer positions.
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Advertisement

Postby rodders47 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:56 pm

Well we had a Quroum of members for the AGM which was held on the 26/02/2006 starting at 10.45 am and ending at 11.15 am.

Nominations were called for ALL the positions from the floor.

The result of the nominations are :

President :- Ian Williams - no nominations recieved, accepted to stay

Secretary/Treasurer :- Rod Wright - No nominations recieved, accepted to stay

Vice President :- Craig Higgs nominated and accepted

Committee Members:- Mick Alford
Justin Absolom
Jack Gard
Vedette Warren

All nominated accepted the position.

Greg Gard made mention that in order for the Club to attract potential members from the Electric Brigade that maybe we should change the meeting Schedule to every 4 weeks, that is the weeks that the electric club do not hold their race meetings on.

Ian Williams replied stating that it really is not feasible to have both the Electric & Nitro guys racing on the same day for the simple reason that with 5 classes of Nitro and say even 3 classes of electric cars, the AMOUNT of racing would be reduced to maybe 3 heats of 5 minutes for every Class, which is OK if you run in 2 or 3 classes but if you only have the ONE class then you would only get 15 minutes of racing for the full day ? and I for one could not see the current members we have that travel all the way from the North of the state being interested in such short amount of racing !

What the solution is I really have no idea, so it is time for all members to put their individual thinking caps on and come up with a solution.

Mat Sly made mention of "Racing Director" which this Club does need in order to control over aggressive driving styles, and Mat stated that the Electric Club have a nominated Race Director at every meeting, all taking it in turn. Sounds like a good idea to me, but a "Race Director" in this Club would mean the total control of Alycat as well, as I see it anyway, and to that End Vedette Warren has offered her services to both learn Alycat and in time take over the position of Race Director. Do we have any objections to this happening ?

The meeting closed and we all had a good days racing I think :D
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:00 pm

rodders47 wrote:Ian Williams replied stating that it really is not feasible to have both the Electric & Nitro guys racing on the same day for the simple reason that with 5 classes of Nitro and say even 3 classes of electric cars, the AMOUNT of racing would be reduced to maybe 3 heats of 5 minutes for every Class, which is OK if you run in 2 or 3 classes but if you only have the ONE class then you would only get 15 minutes of racing for the full day ? and I for one could not see the current members we have that travel all the way from the North of the state being interested in such short amount of racing !

:D

Hmmmmmmmmm this is starting to sound like the story i heard about this happening yrs back When the electrics united with the hrccc then were kicked out??? Is this the ferris wheel syndrome repeating its self again??

Ths isnt a problem in the lectric club with guys travelling miles and only running in one class and they only do 20 minutes of racing a day..

I think with that statement Ian has made has just killed the club again and push alot of eletric guys away from running at all at kingston.

Speaking for myself ,who had just purchased a nitro car to run with conjuction with the electric car at kingston most likely want even bother about running either now down there with that statement made by Ian.

It is hard enough trying to get the day off to run at a meet let alone now having to fine an extra day to run both nitro and electric
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:57 pm

to qualify an answer I have PM Tony .

At the last meeting we had 2 (TWO) electric club members, but we still held as many heats for them as for the rest, actually because they were in different classes we ran a "Handicap Event" where 1 car had a 31 second lead over the other. I MUST say that ALL the members present were watching, even the nitro sniffers/truck racers whatever as it was a very good event, AND the guy on the handicap was getting cheered on , AND I think the EP guys enjoyed it as well..

So WE as a Club are not opposed to racing Electric cars at ALL, it just comes down to purely Number of Classes, and there is just so much racing that can be fitted into ONE day.

Also I feel I must point out one thing here! Where else in this State can you run Nitro 1/10th - 1/8th - 1/5th - truck on road? answer, except for maybe beginners class in 1/10th Nitro at Sorrel, NO WHERE, even the model park will be off limits to nitro or more important any car powered by any means other then ELECTRIC power.

So in CONCLUSION to this EP versus Nitro B...S...., to put it in a nutshell, if you really want to RACE a nitro car in an organised race, then in reality,Kingston as the only place to regularly race it. IF this venue does not suit you, what can I say? If you are happy racing with the EP club then by all means do it, if you want to race a nitro car well, you can't do that in the EP club, so form your own Club if you dont want to race at Kingston. I am sure & I know that the end is not nigh for the Kingston Club, contrary to all the gossip. In other words the HRCCC will survive without the support of the EP brigade, but it would be good if both Clubs could swallow a fair bit of PRIDE and maybe co-operate somewhat in the future for the betterment of the Modal Car Racing scene.

If eating this fairly large slice of "Humble Pie" is too much for any members then so be it, just please refrain from bringing up OLD issues, as it really does not wash anymore.

Info for ALL Model Car Racers, the meeting to be held on the 17th December at Kingston, is to be a CLUB title, (NOT a STATE TITLE as was previously mentioned) open to hrccc Club members only and we will race whatever classes that members wish to race.

Mat Sly suggested that we start racing at 10.00 am. That's FINE by me, and by the guys from up north of the state that can somehow arrive at the track at 9.00 am where'as the LOCAL guys wander in at 11.00 am or there abouts?
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby TOFAST » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:20 pm

rodders , why the change of plan with the title meet to only a club championship on the 17 dec , what is the resoning behind this decision?
i thought last year was a very big success so why is kingston shooting it self in the feet by not running it as a state title
?
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby addicted » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:27 pm

[quote="rodders47"]to qualify an answer I have PM Tony .

quote]
Sorry Rod i havent received any PM can u please resend

Rod there is other places we can happily run nitro cars
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:52 pm

well tony the PM I sent you was basically what I replied with in the above message.

Tony please correct me if I am wrong here, but where else can you race nitro cars in Tasmania in a CLUB situation (on a regular race shedule)other then at Sorrell? if you know of a venue then I would like to know also!

AND at Kingston we race a WHOLE lot more then just 1/10th Nitro cars.

I do wish I was a moderator of this site like the EP site so that the Topic of Conversation could be controlled.

I thought I was doing the right thing with FIRSTLY notifying everyone of the upcoming AGM and then with a statement of the OUTCOME of the AGM.
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:01 pm

rodders47 wrote:I do wish I was a moderator of this site like the EP site so that the Topic of Conversation could be controlled.

I.

Rod know to me it sounds as though u want this forum to go the same way as the club.

Also correct me if i am wrong but havent u already stated that forums are here for open discussion etc etc and that unless there is personal attackes on here, posts should not be deleted
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:40 pm

"Rod know to me it sounds as though u want this forum to go the same way as the club."

Tony it seems that you are on a vendetta to Close down Kingston , for reasons I do not understand as I thought we had a good personal relationship in the past. ALL I am saying is that the reply to a post should be specific to that post, not another avenue to "Have a go " at the CLUB persay!!Tony you are a committed EP racer with the STMCC, I accept that with no problems at all, you are a PAST member of the HRCCC and I would wish you would renew your membership, but if you feel this badly about the Kingston Race Track and maybe more specific, the management of the Hrccc, ( at the AGM no one even wanted my job or the position of the President, does this mean that the MEMBERS are happy with what we do , or it is the TOO HARD BASKET for them to consider ?) well that is your decission. I am not on this forum to win new members, I thought that having a place for REAL discussion about topics of interest to Model Car racers would be a bonus, and also a way of telling other folk what is/has happened at the Club. Maybe Club info should stay just that way, info for FINANCIAL members only!

"Also correct me if i am wrong but havent u already stated that forums are here for open discussion etc etc and that unless there is personal attackes on here, posts should not be deleted"

Correct, but it would be nice if the reply to a topic was ABOUT the topic.

And you did not answer my question as to where anyone in Tasmania can race a Nitro car at a scheduled Race meeting other then at Kingston?.
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:23 pm

I am not on any Vandetta to have any club CLOSED Rod and buggered if i know how u interpretated that. And as far as a personel relationship (i didnt think u were that way inclined :lol: :lol: ) a friendship yes, Rod and this has nothing to do with any friendship etc etc but my own personnel point of view which i thought was encourage on this forum???

I dont want to see any club fold but to grow. Look at it from not just my side but others who too are in the same boat, Multiple cars (both gp and ep) who race or want to race at both clubs.. Also the fact that i have only 2 free week-ends available per month makes it hard enough to be able to do this with out YET another seperate race meeting.. To be able to attend a race day where both types of cars are raced is fantastic Gives both sides a greater perspective and appreciation for one another.( I thought)

I can only give u praise for what u have tried to do in the past Rod with accomodating both sides of the r/c hobby But two say now that there is no room for both in one race meet(same day) Has gone against everything that had been built on over the past 12/18 mths.
To me that is such a load of crap.

When i was away i attended a race meet at Brendale (10-30 start) There was 8 classes and 7 races per class. (56 races) That included everything from 1/5 to 1/10 scale nitro and stock and Modified electric and even had a drifters race thrown in as well...

To me this decidion has been made solely by 1 who is so one sided that it clouds his judgement for the growth of the hobby in general

Again rod this is a revelant post topic as it has been decided from the agm meeting and as u say"to eat humble pie" and a appology to u Rod if u took personnel offence to this But what also peeves me off is when things are stated by people and then 6 mths down the track they state the reversal...

People can run gp other than Kingston Rod and races are held, not as elaborate But that is being worked on

All i can say is that a Club opened its gate because it needed members and support When that was achieved it slammed the gates shut 8O I think u will find i am not the only one with this view at present
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:09 pm

"When i was away i attended a race meet at Brendale (10-30 start) There was 8 classes and 7 races per class. (56 races) That included everything from 1/5 to 1/10 scale nitro and stock and Modified electric and even had a drifters race thrown in as well"

Well Tony, it sure beats me mate HOW they managed that race format?

I just entered that same race format in Alycat ( 8 classes, all running 5 minute heats with 5 minutes between heats and for 7 heats on the day) and Alycat states that it will take 9 hours 43 minutes to complete ? (That is NINE hours and 43 minutes!) so we start at 10,30 as you stated, that will mean that racing will finish at 8.13 PM that is 20.13 in the evening ???

So I re-entered that same race scenario with only 2 (TWO minutes between heats) result is 6 hours and 58 minutes for the day, that still means finishing at 5.28 ( 17.28) and I very much doubt ANYONE can be ready with 2 minutes notice.

Total race time for 8 classes with 7 heats per class and 5 minutes per heat is 4.6666666 hours WITHOUT any form of gap between races !!!! So if racing started at 10.30 am then with NO gap between races it would finish at aprox 2.50 or so and then you said they also had a "Drifters Class " ??? Maybe in Brisbane this would be possible, utilising the tracks Lightining system, ( all funded by a very efficent LOCAL Council I must add ) but here in Tassie it would be possible for only a few months of the year, and for those that travel from up north well they would be long gone before the finish, certainly NOT in the winter months!

So can you PLEASE tell me how they manage to hold that many heats for that many classes as I am somewhat LOST.. I do feel I have a good head for maths, and did the same calculation without Alycat, but decuided to chuck it up to a full race programme and see what came of it ! the results above confirm my own calculations ????
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:42 pm

I dont know how to tell u in another way Rod :lol: Expect from my first post and now u worked it out in your post YES the meet actually finished a liitle later around 9-15 pm as (u may of guessed this already 8O ) ally cat had a hick-cup 9 hrs plus of racing in the day ..There was people that actually travelled further than guys do here on the day.( 1 actually flew back to melbourne that evening) If u cut that down to only 4 races per class it is feaseable to have this MIXED racing in a day to accomodate both Ep and Gp cars
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby Jack2 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:10 pm

rodders47 wrote:to qualify an answer I have PM Tony .

we ran a "Handicap Event" where 1 car had a 31 second lead over the other. I MUST say that ALL the members present were watching, even the nitro sniffers/truck racers whatever as it was a very good event, AND the guy on the handicap was getting cheered on , AND I think the EP guys enjoyed it as well..

I enjoyed, I thought it was a lot of fun since I had never done a handicap race before. I know JB had a good time as well, we both walked of the stand with a big smile after every race ! And I had fun giving the lap record a beating too.... :cool: Looking forward to the next meeting.
EH Holden

Nissan ET turbo

If you cant hear it before you can see it, whats the point?
Jack2
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby rodders47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:17 pm

well I thank you Tony for confirming that I am not going MAD yet!

Brendale have a very good facility, but I was not aware that they raced all classes on the same day as according to their race calander , very few class's race on the same day. Anyway you did confirm my calculations, Thanks for that.

Oh I must also state that Brendale do not use alycat, but Slyfox programme, maybe it has the same hicups !!

I also was not aware that Brendale had MIXED racing on the same day as their Calander does not reflect that, maybe was a ONE OFF Day.

anyway suffice to say YES Kingston can hold 4 heats for say 8 classes in a normal, over the year day, IF that is what the members want! BUT I get request like why can't we have 30 minute finals for nitro cars!!!BUT 8 clases does not include ALL of the EP classes, so you are saying that only those in say Mod/Stock/540 can race at Kingston? what about the Mini's/ 19 turn etc etc. will they not be included ?

This often requested longer race time is not a problem for EP guys as you are tied to the life of your batteries, But they could be changed , just like fuel cars need to be re-fuelled, but it appears no one in the EP classes want to do this and a lot in the Nitro classes want more then 5 minute racing !! The 1/5th for example can race comfortably , without the need to re-fuel for 30 minutes, which is the norm in most overseas Clubs.

I guess at the end of the day this discussion wil go on ad infinitum with no conclusion, so it does seem a whole lot of a pointless exercise to me, to be honest Tony. to quote an old song " Que Sera" ( whatever will be will be )
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:25 pm

well Jack what can I say mate.

I gather you had a good day and had some good racing and yep we chucked you up a challenge and you sure did try, shame about to OFF now and then, which spoilt the handicap, but was fun racing for all, I know as I was watching the computer and yep you were well on line to win, except you fell of the black stuff LOL

So WE at Kingston can accomodate EP racing as we proved this meeting with only 2 in that class!
Last edited by rodders47 on Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby addicted » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:36 pm

rodders47 wrote:well I thank you Tony for confirming that I am not going MAD yet!

Brendale have a very good facility, but I was not aware that they raced all classes on the same day as according to their race calander , very few class's race on the same day. Anyway you did confirm my calculations, Thanks for that.

It was there opening day from a track up grade and reseal in parts Also they did and are going to redo there racing formatt and include EP cars on a short track

Oh I must also state that Brendale do not use alycat, but Slyfox programme, maybe it has the same hicups !!

I think they may of changed Rod as it was Allycat..

I also was not aware that Brendale had MIXED racing on the same day as their Calander does not reflect that, maybe was a ONE OFF Day.

As mentioned above mate They are now accomodating for EP's

anyway suffice to say YES Kingston can hold 4 heats for say 8 classes in a normal, over the year day, IF that is what the members want! BUT I get request like why can't we have 30 minute finals for nitro cars!!!BUT 8 clases does not include ALL of the EP classes, so you are saying that only those in say Mod/Stock/540 can race at Kingston? what about the Mini's/ 19 turn etc etc. will they not be included ?

No Rod i am not saying what will or want race at the Track?? My own opinion here is perhaps 19,stock and mod if the numbers are there

This often requested longer race time is not a problem for EP guys as you are tied to the life of your batteries, But they could be changed , just like fuel cars need to be re-fuelled, but it appears no one in the EP classes want to do this
{( I dont think many guys want to run longer electric races but this would be too the advantage of the nitro guys allowing them to have theirs surely)]
and a lot in the Nitro classes want more then 5 minute racing !! The 1/5th for example can race comfortably , without the need to re-fuel for 30 minutes, which is the norm in most overseas Clubs.

I guess at the end of the day this discussion wil go on ad infinitum with no conclusion, so it does seem a whole lot of a pointless exercise to me, to be honest Tony. to quote an old song " Que Sera" ( whatever will be will be )
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby Jack2 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:05 pm

rodders47 wrote:well Jack what can I say mate.

I gather you had a good day and had some good racing and yep we chucked you up a challenge and you sure did try, shame about to OFF now and then, which spoilt the handicap, but was fun racing for all, I know as I was watching the computer and yep you were well on line to win, except you fell of the black stuff LOL

Yeh I fell of the black stuff in that third race, that was a real bummer. Poor ol' JB fell of the black stuff lots of times in that last one, every time he came off I got another lap on him. He wasn't to impressed with the marshalls !! It was all fun tho.

next challenge is to break the 14 second range. Only gotta wipe 0.23 off a second off and I'm there ! I reckon I can do it next meet. Whats the prize if i do ? a free coke ? ha ha just kiddin :)
EH Holden

Nissan ET turbo

Jack2
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby TOFAST » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 pm

well after all of that no one has answered my question as to why the state title has been cahnged to a club title ??
i have heard a rumor that the electric title will be held at another venue this year any way , its a bit early to reveal any more info as yet but it will be somewhere we would least expect it ,
also hate to spoil the party jack but the unoficiallap record is well below 15 sec for a mod electric , which was set just before the title last year , and no corners were cut to do it , it is very easy to pull quick ones with no traffic to get round and the track is right for it , but 15.23 is still fairly quick though , what motor was you running ??
unfortunatlty when i set the sub 15 sec laps run time was an issue , so it was no good for 5 minute racing but it was bloody fast , so when are we having another nitro v electric challenge ??
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby Jack2 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:56 pm

not really interested in any unoficial records....... if they don't happin in a race or in timed practice then not interested. I was running an 8x2..

And this rumor about holding the titles somewhere else, Well there is really only so many places it can be held. I'm thinking of Kingston, Sorell, Rosetta or the model park, either way with the STMCC or then there's Scottsdale.

Since it seems a couple of people are not all that happy with the decision with kingston holding Club titles, not state titles that kinda rules out kingston.

I hope it doesn't become a little secret for a small bunch of people to organise in there own little way, it would be a shame to see it be a complete failure...

I know the STMCC is planning on holding a " Big meeting " in 2006 and IF the model park is complete, then I think that would be a good venue to hold it at.

Think about it, A state EP title plus HRCCC clubs titles..... 2 good meetings to attend later in the year, seems better than one..
EH Holden

Nissan ET turbo

Jack2
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby rodders47 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:00 pm

Oh I must also state that Brendale do not use alycat, but Slyfox programme, maybe it has the same hicups !! reply from Rod

I think they may of changed Rod as it was Allycat.. reply from Tony

Following is an E-mail from the management of the QRCCC.

Hi Rod,
We have always used slyfox and it will be used for the WC. The author/programmer of Slyfox is one of our club members. The program has recently been extensively upgraded to cater for everything we will need at the WC, including competitor registration.
Kind regards,
Doug

Tony this is not meant to be confrontational, is just stating a FACT that I knew was correct all the time!!
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Next

Return to Hobart RC Car Club