235mm chassis class & .12 engines

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

Postby rodders47 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:46 pm

well Tim not to put too small a point on it you are not what one would call a REGULAR racer at kingston, granted you are a member and ALL members Must have their say, but actually you are not very often at the track mate !

I know you have work committments as all do, and I know it's a long way to come to race, but in saying that those that travel the long distances are devoid of the necessities of the running of the track re maintenance etc and those that live close by dont bother either, so as per normal is left to the very few to do the work, and I for one has just plainly had enough, end of. Smilies or no Smilies is just a fact of life mate.
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Advertisement

Postby Tim » Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:56 pm

so as per normal is left to the very few to do the work, and I for one has just plainly had enough,

I dont blame you. I would have given up a long time ago. Whats up with the locals down there ????
North Tas Off Road Car Raceway http://ntorcr.tripod.com
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:34 pm

nope no Violin Playing TIM. time for OTHERS ( including you ) members to do their bit, thats all.

I must also say here that the Club enjoys the attendance of quite a lot of members from Up North that are GOOD club members, and attend all the meetings!

Also may I ask you WHY you bought a 5 port motor , knowing that 3 port motors are the RULES in 1/10th world & aussie wide ????

So why ask the question about the truck ???
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:02 am

Well let me ask you WHY did the club let us (yes not just me ) buy the 5 ports and run them in the first place? Seems to me the club is at fault on this one. Not me. Ian has/had one too you know and he is the club president is he not? So out of all of us he should have known best?

And why not have one when a lot of others have got them?

The truck is different in the fact that no one else has one. And it sounds like its causing property damage to others more than necessary. When was the last time you saw a 5 port directly damage another's car because it has 2 ports too many????

well Tim not to put too small a point on it you are not what one would call a REGULAR racer at kingston, granted you are a member and ALL members Must have their say, but actually you are not very often at the track mate !

So ? What's that got to do with the 1/4 truck thing? Just means i don't have the luxury of lots of spare time to go racing. Could you please STOP making me feel bad about it and always brining it up for no good reason other than to have a go at me ?

Makes me feel like not coming at all.
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby rodders47 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:17 pm

Tim it seems to me that you answered your own question there.

YOU bought a 5 port because others did, correct ? Including, as you say, Ian the president ( I am not privy to that info I must say) but why shouldn't Ian buy one if everyone else wants to run them?

Why were 5 ports allowed to race ? Cause we didn't, and still don't, have a proper set of RULES.

So a guy buys a Large Scale truck and goes racing with it ?

Why because we don't have a proper set of RULES governing what constitutes a Truck.

To HARK back the the topic of this posting, it appears that we can also allow 235mm cars to run in 1/10th. WHY because we don't have RULES.

And it appears that you would not object to them running in the 1/10th class, but I feel others May object.

Back playing my Violin Tim, to be honest this Club does not have what normal Clubs have and that is a very strong, vibrant, committee setup.

Yes we have a committee for the first time in a number of years, but I for one do not get ANY input from those members, or for that matter any members apart from yourself here on the forum.

My position in the Club is Secretary/Treasurer and from here on in that is all I will be responsible for and NOTHING else.
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:32 pm

Yeah fine, I dont care anymore. Do what you like.........
Tim
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby manta » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:16 pm

this sort of stuff really gives me the horse paddies!!

in the last three years I have nor smiled as much as I have at Kingston...being at a meet or on my own.

I enjoy it!

A guy at the last meet told me not to get serious. Great point! I hope I don't...I don't want the bitterness you guys share.

Just enjoy it. It's fun.

IMHO - 1/10, 1/8 & 1/6 class have national rules. Abide by them - full stop. The truck class is open to anybody and anything...just like when you go to the track with your mate...I mean isn't that the case???

There are proper tracks for trucks...if you want the national rules then perhaps you should take your truck there. I imagine the truck class is more to increase numbers at this stage?? right Rod???

I personally can't wait to get my truck on the track against Coreys. Give me something else to smile about!
manta
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby addicted » Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:47 pm

rodders47 wrote:well Tim not to put too small a point on it you are not what one would call a REGULAR racer at kingston, granted you are a member and ALL members Must have their say, but actually you are not very often at the track mate !

Would u also be refferring to me as well Rod :lol: :P

If u intend going fishing Rod I would take plenty of hooks as i am sure u will be getting plenty of bites and i am sure Tim can supply the bait :wink:
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby rodders47 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:50 pm

my final answer on this topic.

Firstly I checked with Ian our President and he swears he has NEVER had a 5 port motor.

Secondly, why this problem with that 1/4 scale truck I don't know what the problem is as there is currently a 1/5th scale Truck that has raced ever since the class started. No Mat the instigation of Truck racing is because at the time some members had other classes and also a Truck. That's how it eventuated to what now is perhaps the largest Class and growing, and I must say crowd pleasing as well. I am even converting my Other 1/5th scale to truck racing for some FUN :D

and Thirdly Tony as a new member, no I am not including you, But, and this is really the Crux of the matter, with the current membership structure, the $25 per membership, without any further input from the member with regards race fees, makes it almost impossible to form any sort of budget or business strategy. If you were to check MOST of the other mainland web sites for model car clubs they require "Nomination" to race at an event, something we have tried but failed dismally, apart from last years TITLES race meeting, and even then I had people wanting to race who were NOT a member of any Club and who had not nominated!

Suffice to say that organising a race event at Kingston is just a "Compromise" or more correct a "Lottery" but in this case there are no winners, as to WHO turns up and WHEN !!!

I wonder how other clubs would react to that situation?
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Postby TOFAST » Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:18 pm

now now boys , lets not get too nasty
i still have 2 x 235 mm 1/10 scale beasties one a BMT Blitz which is a bit of a dinosaur now but was very quick in its day and won a title with it , and a serpent which has only been raced 2 or 3 times in 4 years both still very quick cars. the BMT has a 5 port turbo rossi .15engine in it and the serpent has a 3 port RB .15 engine in it
i have raced them in with the 1/8 cars from time to time and have won with them , i think if you were going to run one of these any where it would be better with the 1/8 cars
i enjoyed racing them because they were more of a challenge than the 4 wheel drive tourers , the nitor tourers are very easy to dive and as they are smaller and lighter and 4wd are a lot quicker then the old 235 cars
also the '12 engines seem to be getting more development from the manufacturers these days and are getting quicker yet the .15 engines seem to have stayed the same
as for 5 port .12 and 3 ports i think we proved last year that there isnt enough difference in lap times to worry about who has what engine , a well tuned 3 port can stick it to a 5 port any day and probably would last longer as well
Yokomo MR4-TC-BD
Yokomo MR4-TC-SD
Team Associated TC5
Harris RC
Express Motorsorts
Mamba Max
Nick's Hobby Shop
Tiger Models & Hobbies
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby manta » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:26 pm

Good one to(o)fast!!
I imagine the 235's are a force to be reckoned with.
My understanding is they are similar in design to a 1/8, although in a 1/10 scale. I like the idea of fatter tyres on the rear, as these little buggers protrude their backsides around most corners if you don't approach with care.
I had a great day at the track on Tuesday. had the 1/8 fangin' and the new 1/10 seemed well adjusted. only ever driven offroad trucks and electric tourers, I reckon the 1/10 is by far the easiest car to handle...perhaps it is just the set up???
The extra weight and power gives you far more control.
manta
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby TOFAST » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:27 pm

ye i still like the 235 1/10 cars , they are lighter and have a smaller donk than the 1/8 cars but the biggest difference is that they are rear wheel drive only and the 1/8 cars are 4 wheel drive
i always found the 1/10 cars harder to drive because of this , but a good challenge
the new 1/10 nitro tourers are nearly to easy to drive especially when they are set up right
Yokomo MR4-TC-BD
Yokomo MR4-TC-SD
Team Associated TC5
Harris RC
Express Motorsorts
Mamba Max
Nick's Hobby Shop
Tiger Models & Hobbies
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby manta » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:42 pm

Not all are 2wd. I have only seen older models that are 2wd...most of the ones I see for sale are actually 4wd.

Nothing wrong with 2wd though!! I have great appreciation for my ST's!! IMHO they are more predictable than 4wd. maybe because they are slower off the mark and through corners??!! Anyway Stadium Trucks is where I am at...I love the low CG and wide wheel base...great fun...
manta
RC Regular
RC Regular

Previous

Return to Hobart RC Car Club