The Good-Wood and traction troubles

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

The Good-Wood and traction troubles

Postby manta » Sun May 21, 2006 11:30 pm

Glanced at the race calender and realised their was a meeting today...only it was an old calender...made the excuse anyway to head to K'ton.

Had the place to myself once again. Didn't break a thing (four cars in total got a work out today!!).

Then headed off to the Goodwood track with mate and his LST2...

The tar bit is very well done. Are they planning to put an actual track lay out down also?? The off road track is a shame...suppose resources have gone into the onroad track to date.

We ran our nitro trucks...didn't seem to worry the locals...I counted 167 Holdens drive past the track that were much louder than our little mozzie's. In fact one local family was teaching their little lad (probably about 6yo) to ride a dirt bike...which was also louder than the two nitro trucks combined!

This brings me to a (another) set up question...perhaps I am a little over zealous, but I whacked a JP black .12 in a Mugen MST1 and I can't keep the thing to stick. I was running the standard ST tyre set up and then moved to Dirt Hawgs all round, but even when I just touch the throttle it goes in circles. Lining up for jumps is almost impossible unless I get a very sloooooww run up that builds to a speed that hasn't caused the back end to flip out.

BTW - it outran the LST2 in a staright line by about 10-15 k's...not bad for a single speed hey!

Anyone got any ideas of how to tame this little mozzie??

chiz,
m@
manta
RC Regular
RC Regular

Advertisement

Postby TOFAST » Mon May 22, 2006 10:24 pm

ye put it in a mugen mtx3 or 4 and run on road and it should be hooked up
i dont see any probs with running nitro cars at the new good wood track , you would be pushed to hear them from the road ,and its not the quitest suburb around any way , the permanent lay out for the on road track is being planned and eventually will be complete , it only took ten years to grow the black stuff , all good things come eventually if your patient enough
Yokomo MR4-TC-BD
Yokomo MR4-TC-SD
Team Associated TC5
Harris RC
Express Motorsorts
Mamba Max
Nick's Hobby Shop
Tiger Models & Hobbies
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby manta » Tue May 23, 2006 8:25 am

out of interest...your 27 turn stock...what gearing are you using and in what car???

chiz,

m@
manta
RC Regular
RC Regular

Postby TOFAST » Tue May 23, 2006 10:19 pm

to be honest at the moment im not to sure , ive changed cars,motors and gear ratios so many times this year im lost ,it may not look like it but i have been struggling to get any decent power from my 27 turn motors all year so far , at the moment im running a belt drive yokomo which seems to go all right , gear ratio is some where around 73 spur gear and 24 pinion at the moment , rollout works out around 27mm ,im not sure what im doing wrong with the motors but i just cant seem to get em going like i used to
Yokomo MR4-TC-BD
Yokomo MR4-TC-SD
Team Associated TC5
Harris RC
Express Motorsorts
Mamba Max
Nick's Hobby Shop
Tiger Models & Hobbies
TOFAST
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Postby addicted » Tue May 23, 2006 10:35 pm

TOFAST wrote:to be honest at the moment im im lost ,it may look like it but i have been struggling to get any decent power from my 27 turn motors all year so far , at the moment im running a belt drive yokomo which seems to go all right , gear ratio is some where around 73 spur gear and 24 pinion at the moment , rollout works out around 27mm ,im not sure what im doing wrong with the motors but i just cant seem to get em going like i used to

Hmmm I know what it is Rocket U r running a NEW CAR Old gear
MAn u need some NEW MOTORS and BATTERIES UMMMMMMMMMMM wonder were u can get them from :D :D :D :D :D :idea: :idea:
addicted
RC Frequent Driver
RC Frequent Driver

Return to Hobart RC Car Club