16th July 2006 Race meeting

Nitro and Electric racing located at Kingview Drive, Kingston, Tasmania

Moderator: Moderators

16th July 2006 Race meeting

Postby rodders47 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 pm

Hello to all members,

Well the weather forecast for Sunday is possible showers, but that won't dampen our enthusiasm for racing I hope.

At the worst we can have a Barbie and a chin wag and some racing.

I am thinking that IF the weather is not conducive to racing all day then we hold a sort of Car Maintenance course.

I know what you are saying , I KNOW what to do and I don't need to be told how I should prepare my car for racing !

Well we all learn from our problems.

As an example I had a problem last meeting where my motor in the 1/10th STALLED every time it came back to idle speed. Simple solution (I thought), the idling mixture was set wrong, so I adjust that and find it made no difference. On further inspection at home I found an inner bearing on the Clutch shaft was buggered thus making the Clutch come into contact at idle, so naturally the engine would stall !

Similar thing with battery packs ( the soldering of the cells together) and wiring and GLITCHES etc.

We all have something to learn about our hobby so if nothing else if it is rained out we can have a workshop under the stand and just check over everyone's cars for any faults. Can only be to the advantage of all drivers and we all need that to knock Ian off the top of the Club Championship list.

The Grapevine tells me that Greg Gard is going to run a REAL race car, not one of those battery voltage reducing 1/10th's but a 1/5th !! Welcome Greg and I hope Justin gets another 1/5th ASAP :-) would be great to have a full field of 1/5th's on the starting line. I know I am a bit prejudice towards the 1/5th's it's just cause I love to drive em :-)

Also the 1/10th "B" grade is growing in size and we welcome all of those participants that are prepared to race, no matter how well they can drive their car, it is all in the fun of racing and enjoying what you do to the best of your ability which will only get better the more you race and tune your car, and yourself, to the track. If we have a good number of competing drivers in that class we can instigate "Handicap" Racing, which can only be to both the enjoyment of each driver and to the determination of each driver to "Climb the Ladder" :-)

As for Truck Racing ? well it seems to grow meeting by meeting, and is very good to watch, but it appears that the trucks suffer more problems then the rest of the classes through breakdowns ! Why is this so ? A simple answer is that these vehicles were not made for this type of racing so they need EXTRA attention to the finer details re: preparation, because of the HUGE loads placed on the drivetrain racing on Bitumen as opposed to what they would normally race on. So attention to detail re preparation, and the need to drive "Cautiously" when racing on the hard black stuff :-)

Let me know if you intend to be there on Sunday so that we can cater for you.

Rod

If you are NOT a member of the HRCCC and are reading this, then you are most welcome to "Come On Down" (Bring along your race car) to the race track on Sunday and join in the activity.
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident

Advertisement

Postby rodders47 » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:07 pm

Due to the 16th being RAINED out the next race day will be

23rd July .......... NEXT SUNDAY
1/5th car racing - as good as it gets without the mega bucks of full size
rodders47
RC Resident
RC Resident