Painting a design

Discuss and share your painting and design techniques, tips and tricks.

Moderator: Moderators

Painting a design

Postby JoeClark » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:26 pm

Hiii....

I have a windchime outside my house with a decrotive "native" style design on made of, I think copper. I was thinking about trying to get that design transferred to the canoe during painting.
I can remove the decrotive part that I want to reproduce and I am thinking about tracing it onto cardboard and making a stencil of it to paint it on the boat. Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks..

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Reference:-http://www.wcha.org/forums/index.php?threads/painting-a-design.3260/

Product Marketing Examples
JoeClark
RC Regular
RC Regular

Advertisement

Re: Painting a design

Postby alinaamanda121 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:36 pm

I'm guessing you mean transfer. If you need to really duplicate it and not just draw it pretty well, there's a couple of ways. One is good old carbon paper - put a sheet down, put your logo on top and then trace the lines of the design, carefully so nothing moves. Cheap Essay Help other usual way is prick transfer - put the logo down and then punch along each line with a sharp point, making dotted lines into the wood - that will leave marks if you are painting, though, which may or may not matter so much.
alinaamanda121
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Painting a design

Postby journeyallen » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm speculating you mean exchange. In the event that you have to truly copy it and not simply draw it really well, there are two or three ways. One is great old carbon paper - put a sheet down, put your logo to finish everything and afterward follow the lines of the outline, painstakingly so nothing moves. Cheap Essay Help. The other regular way is prick exchange - put the logo down and afterward punch along each line with a sharp point, making dabbed lines into the wood - that will leave marks on the off chance that you are painting, however, which could possibly matter to such an extent.
journeyallen
Rookie
Rookie

Return to Painting & Design